Dunn Middle School climbed 4,000 foot Broadcast Peak in the Santa Ynez Mountains last week. We had great views from the summit of the Santa Barbara back country and the Channel Islands under a gathering storm. We also got seriously exposed to Poison Oak along the way, especially in one place where a small tree draped with still-leafless Poison Oak had fallen across our trail. The statistics after five days: 40% no reaction, 25% some reaction, and 35% major reaction. What kind of "poison" is this that only effects some people? And what is the best way to deal with it?
Poison Oak - Toxicodendron diversilobum
last modified .
Marc Kummel / firstname.lastname@example.org